Kansas NSF EPSCoR is announcing a funding opportunity for First Awards in the areas clearly associated with the current Kansas NSF EPSCoR focus of Microbiomes of Aquatic, Plant and Soil Systems across Kansas. The First Award program helps early career faculty become competitive for funding from the research directorates at the National Science Foundation.
The full request for proposals with submission instructions can be downloaded as a PDF here: RFP-First Awards for 2021
- Full proposals (by invitation only) due by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Please note new proposal submission details included in the RFP.
Eligible to apply is any individual tenure track faculty member who:
- is currently untenured at the assistant professor rank at Kansas State University, University of Kansas, Wichita State University, Emporia State University, Fort Hays State University, Pittsburg State University or Washburn University;
- is within the first three years of his/her faculty appointment;
- has not received a previous First Award or similar funding from another EPSCoR or EPSCoR-like (Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence, COBRE) program in Kansas; and
- is not currently be nor previously been a lead Principal Investigator of a research grant funded by a federal agency.
In addition, one of the following conditions must apply:
- The Principal Investigator has a pending proposal or is planning to submit a proposal to the NSF (or other federal funding agency) for the proposed research submitted to this program. If in the planning stages, the proposed research must be submitted to a federal funding agency by July 31, 2022.
- The Principal Investigator has had the proposed research declined by the NSF (or other federal funding agency) and has a plan to re-submit the proposed research by July 31, 2022.
Only projects with research in areas that are clearly related to the current Kansas NSF EPSCoR focus of microbiomes across aquatic, plant and/or soil systems (MAPS) are eligible for First Awards. Go to the Track 1 Research Page for more information about the MAPS project.
To meet the formatting requirements for First Award go to the Internal Funding Page